Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What my children will do for a good meal

We prepared to partake of a scarce and favorite meal of Macaroni & Cheese; one of the few boxes which get shipped to us from the states by one grandparent or another. The kids were so excited that they were fighting over who got to pour the box of noodles into the pot, who got to stir, who got to pour the water, etc, etc, etc. I'd finally made the decisions for them and gave Spider Monkey the go ahead to pour the noodles into the pot, thinking her the most responsible to handle the precious little bits. She excitedly grabbed the open box from the counter . . . and dropped it. The tiny noodles sprayed across the kitchen floor and even scattered themselves through the living room. I suppose in America we would have swept it up and opened a new box, but we've only got ONE box left. I put the pot on the floor and all the kids got on their knees and began scavenging the floors in search of every little noodle. I think I later ran across one or two which they missed, but the result was still delicious.

Read comments (6)

No comments: